Job advert for Intern – Human Resource Management
15 February 2017
Designation: Intern – Human Resource Management World Vision
No. of Positions: 3
Department: Human Resource
Opening Type: 3 months internship
Close of application: Friday 5 May 2017
About the Position:
The intern will provide support in the department of Human Resource with the guidance of a supervisor.
Must be a student pursuing a Bachelors’ Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration and any other closely related course.
The intern should have good computer skills
- Good communication skills i.e. verbal and written skills
- Time management skills
- Pays attention to detail
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction and must be able to improve performance through management feedback.
Full Job Description
The intern will provide support in the following areas in the guidance of his/her supervisor or any staff assigned to:
- Compiling, updating and maintaining employee records
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities i.e. staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations etc.
- Provide support in coordination of human resource projects i.e. meetings, training, surveys etc. and take minutes during the meetings.
- Handle employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules and regulations
- Support in implementing policies on issues like working conditions, performance management, disciplinary procedures, absence management etc.
- Assist in conducting initial orientation to newly hired employees
- Provide clerical, administrative and coordination support to technical teams for efficient and timely implementation of activities i.e. 10% of monthly man hours
- Perform any other duties as assigned
THE INTERN WILL BE REQUIRED TO DEVELOP AND SUBMIT A COMPREHENSIVE INTERNSHIP REPORT IN LINE WITH THE REPORTING GUIDELINES I.E. DAILY ACTIVITY TIMESHEET SUBMITTED EVERY FORTNIGHT AND THE END OF PLACEMENT REPORT.
How to apply:
All applications should be made using the Oakwood Interns Program CV Application Format customized for World Vision Interns. Only CVs submitted in this format will be accepted.
Click the link below to know more about the World Vision Internship Program and to download the CV Application form. worldvision.oakwoodinterns.co.ug
Follow instructions carefully on how to fill and submit your application to email@example.com
Applicants who have submitted all the required academic documents, recommendation letters and have qualified to move on to the Employability Profiling phase will be contacted by the Oakwood Team via telephone and email.
All placements by the Oakwood Interns Program are made under the principles of merit and non-discrimination.
CLOSE OF APPLICATION: Friday 5 May 2017