The Academic Registrar, Makerere University invited applications from Ugandan, East African, South Sudan and international applicants for the undergraduate programmes listed below under the private sponsorship scheme for the 2021/2022 Academic Year. The deadline for the applications has been set as Friday 5th Nov 2021.
Each applicant should:
Have the Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least five passes, or its equivalent and at least two principal passes at advanced level (UACE) obtained at the same sitting. (For day programmes only candidates who sat A’ Level in 2020, 2019 and 2018 are eligible to apply and for evening, afternoon, and external programmes, a candidate is not restricted on the year of sitting A Level.
Hold at least a Second Class/Credit (or equivalent classification) Diploma or otherwise as specified in the Diploma Holders’ requirements from a recognised chartered institution, relevant to the programme applied for. Certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates (not photocopies of certified copies) from the awarding institutions and one passport size photograph must be submitted to Office 315 level three (3) Senate Building after applying online. Details of the Diploma holders’ admission requirements for the 2021/2022 academic year can be found here: https://www.mak.ac.ug/application-procedures/diploma-holders
Be a Graduate from a RECOGNISED CHARTERED UNIVERSITY. Certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates (not photocopies of certified copies) from the awarding Institutions and one Passport size photography MUST be submitted to Office 315, Level three (3) Senate Building after applying online.
(i) (a) Applications are submitted online for all applicants but Diploma/Degree Holders and Internationals will have to submit CERTIFIED COPIES of their transcripts and certificates and a passport size photograph to OFFICE 315 AND 316, LEVEL 3, SENATE BUILDING.
(b) Other relevant information can be obtained from UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSIONS OFFICE, LEVEL 3, SENATE BUILDING OR CAN BE found on the University Website https://www.mak.ac.ug. Effective Tuesday 5th October, 2021.
(ii) A non-refundable application fee of shs.50,000/= for Ugandans, East African and s. Sudan applicants or $75 or equivalent for internationals plus bank charge of ugx2,750/= should be paid in any of the banks used by Uganda Revenue Authority.
(iii) CANDIDATES WHO HOLD GRADES X, Y, Z, 7 AND 9 OF ‘O’LEVEL RESULTS SHOULD NOT APPLY BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ADMISSION.
(iv) Diploma Holder applicants who hold class three (3) diploma certificates or pass Diplomas are not eligible for admission and therefore should not apply, except where stated in the Diploma Holders requirements.
How to Submit you application(User Guide)
1. Applicants should access the Institution’s Admissions URL https//:apply.mak.ac.ug/ (Click on “HOW TO APPLY” for guidelines)
2. Create your account, by clicking on the REGISTER NOW. Use your full name, e-mail and Mobile No. Please note that your name must be similar to the one on your supporting academic documents for your application to be considered valid. If you changed your names please go to Senate Building Office 301 with an affidavit supporting the name change.
3. A One Time Password (OTP) will be sent to both your e-mail and mobile number.
4. The system will prompt you to change the password to the one you can easily remember.
5. To fill an application form the applicant clicks on the APPLY NOW button displayed on the appropriate running scheme (E.g. UNDERGRADUATE – DIRECT ENTRY, MATURE AGE, Diploma)
6. Click and fill all the SECTIONS OF THE FORM one SECTION at a time. SAVE each FORM SECTION before moving to the next SECTION. When complete SUBMIT the Application
7. Obtain a payment reference number by clicking on “Pay for Form” Button
8. Make a payment at any of the banks used by Uganda Revenue Authority
MOBILE MONEY PAYMENT STEPS:
- Dail *272*6# on either Mtn or Airtel
- Select option 3-Admission
- Select option 3-Pay Fees
- Enter reference number obtained from Application portal
- Details of Application form will be confirmed
- Enter PIN to confirm payment
The closing date for receiving applications for undergraduate admissions is Friday 5th November 2021.
- Applicants are strongly warned against presenting forged or other people’s academic documents to support their applications for admission. The consequences, if discovered, are very grave indeed.
- Do not buy any other documents not originating from the Academic Registrar’s Office. Those who buy them do so at their own risk.
- The Academic Registrar has not appointed any agent to act on his behalf to solicit for additional funds other than the application fee stated above.
Further details including fees structure can be accessed by following the link: Advert for Private Sponsorship Undergraduate Admissions 2021/22 Academic Year
Further information can be obtained by following the links below: