The Minister for Higher Education JC Muyingo has released a list of Ugandan Universities cleared to conduct online lectures. The listed universities are said to have met all the requirements set by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE).
However, Kyambogo University did not make it to the list as fellow leading universities like Makerere, Uganda Christian University, among others appeared on the recently released list.
It should be recalled that NCHE promised to clear universities to conduct online lectures as they remain closed in fear of spreading COVID-19.
The universities were however allowed to reopen for final year students while observing Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs) set by the Ministry of Health.
The listed universities will be conducting lecturers remotely for both continuing students as well as finalists who cannot be able to report back as instructed by President Museveni.
Below is the full list of universities cleared to teach online;
- Victoria University
- Ndejje University
- Law Development Centre
- Cavendish University
- Uganda Martyrs University
- Metropolitan International University
- Uganda Christian University
- International University of East Africa
- African Renewal University
- Lira University
- Makerere University
- Clarke International University
- Nkumba University
- ISBAT University
- Bishop Stuart University
- Uganda Technology and Management University
- Bugema University
- King Caesar University
- Kampala International University
- Kabale University
- Busitema University
- Mbarara University of Science and Technology