Makerere University through the College of Agricultural & Environmental Sciences has released guidelines on how to apply for this year’s Israel Agro-Studies Apprenticeship Program.
The call for applications targets continuing undergraduate students registered under agriculture- related degree programs at Makerere University and Busitema University to participate in the Israel Agro-Studies Apprenticeship Program for the period 2023/2024.
All applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a student in their second-last year of the academic program at the University (2nd year for a three (3) year program; 3rd year for a four (4) year program; or 4th year for a five (5) year program).
- Must be a Ugandan citizen who will not be more than 30 years of age by the end of August 2024. Male applicants are preferable due to the rigorous nature of the requirements for pre-training and the Apprenticeship program.
- Must submit a copy of their national identification card as proof of nationality and age.
- Must be in good medical health and able to pass an examination for general body and dental health, and have a body mass index of at least 17. The applicant shall also undergo tests for HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis B and Tuberculosis. Proof of completion of COVID-19 vaccination is a must.
- Must be physically fit enough to complete rigorous fitness training for a period of one (1) month as a pre-requisite to performing intensive practical activities in Israel.
- Must possess an East African passport that is valid until the end of December 2024. (Applicants must attach a copy of the data page of the passport as proof).
- Should be able to pay the program fees (USD 900) in two instalments. The First instalment of USD 270 shall be paid immediately after pre-selection, prior to reporting for medical examination and physical fitness training. The second instalment of USD 630 will be paid after completion of the medical examination and physical fitness training.
- The 900 USD is to cater for the following:
- A one-way air-ticket to Israel (USD 600)
- Medical examination at the Makerere University Hospital (USD 100) – Physical fitness training by the Uganda Police (50 USD)
- Coordination fee (USD 50)
- Passport courier service (USD 50)
- Visa photograph (USD 5)
- Program T-shirt for the orientation ceremony and departure to Israel (USD 15) Transport to the airport (USD 15)
- Bank charges (USD 15)
- Payments can only be made into the designated College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences account after confirmation of pre-selection by management.
- Must have permission from a parent or guardian to withdraw from their degree program for the duration of the Apprenticeship program and re-integrate on return from Israel, in accordance with the relevant University policies and procedures.
- Should have a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of at least 2.80, without any outstanding retakes at the time of applying for the program. Submission of an up-to-date certified testimonial to this effect is a must.
The application form can be downloaded from the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences (Makerere University) website at http://caes.mak.ac.ug and should then be scanned and submitted to the following email address on completion, with supporting documentation: email@example.com.
The deadline for submission is 5 pm on 9th April, 2023. For further enquiries, contact the Coordinators of this program on telephone numbers: 0776354777/0751 592061.
More details are attached beneath;
Discussion about this post