The academic registrar, Makerere University, Prof. Buyinza Mukadasi has confirmed a new fee for this year’s graduation ceremony.
In a letter shared with this site, the confirmed fee is half the amount paid by graduands of the 72nd edition that transpired last year 2022.
“Graduation fees must be paid as a package totaling to Shs. 110,000/= for Ugandan/East Africa and US $ 130 for International students respectively. Students should pay the graduation fees before they can be cleared for graduation,” the registrar noted.
During the 2022 graduation, fees had gone up to Shs 218,000 from the 110,000 that was paid the year before. The increase, noticeably, was because the university had opted to charge graduands compulsory money for their graduation gowns.
University management is yet to finalize procurements with new service providers for the gowns hence the decrease in this year’s charges.
“Please note that the graduation gown fee has not been included in the schedule as the procurement for new service providers is ongoing,” Prof. Buyinza added.
It is still unclear whether gowns will be optionally purchased from authorized sellers or involuntarily with another mandatory payment to the university.
As the event drwas closer, the university has also confirmed the order of graduation for the different colleges at the hill as shared below;
- Date: Monday, 13th February, 2023
- College of Natural Sciences
- College of Health Sciences
- School of Law
- Date: Tuesday, 14th February, 2023
- College of Education and External Studies
- College of Agriculture and Environmental Studies
- Date: Wednesday, 15th February, 2023
- College of Business and Management Sciences
- College of Computing and Information Science
- College of Veterinary Medicine, Animal Resource and Bio- Security
- Date: Thursday, 16th February, 2023
- Makerere University Business School
- Date: Friday, 17th February, 2023
- College of Engineering, Design, Art and Technology
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences