Every year, the Bank of Uganda internship programme offers a wide range of opportunities for students to gain insight and appreciation of the technical and administrative implementation of Central Banking programmes and knowledge in a conducive working environment of the Bank.
Bank of Uganda Internship Programme
The Bank of Uganda (BOU) is the Central Bank of the Republic of Uganda. It was opened on the 15th August 1966. It is 100% owned by the Government of Uganda but it is not a Government Department. Bank of Uganda conducts all its activities in close association with the Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development(MoFPED). Bank of Uganda is responsible for monetary policy and maintaining price stability.
Bank of Uganda is continually in search of the brightest and most talented individuals. The Bank is an equal opportunity employer with a dedicated and committed diverse workforce.
- Provide a framework by which continuing students from diverse academic backgrounds may be assigned to various Bank of Uganda Departments where their educational experience can be enhanced through practical and hands-on-training in a real work setting.
- Expose students and deepen their knowledge and understanding of the work of Bank of Uganda, the Bank values, and goals.
- Expose students to the various professional disciplines and culture within their areas of specialization.
- Applications for the February intake should be submitted between 1stand 30thNovember of the preceding Year;
- Applications for the June to August intakes should be submitted between 1stFebruary and 30thApril of each calendar Year.
How to Apply
Deadline: 30th November 2018