Job advert for Intern – Accounting
Designation: Intern – Accounting
No of Positions: 5
OpeningType: 3 months internship
Close of application: Friday 5 May 2017
About the Position:
The intern will provide support in the department allocated with the guidance of a supervisor.
Must be a student pursuing a Bachelors’ Degree in Commerce, Accounting and Finance, Microfinance and any other closely related discipline.
Numerical competence and statistical ability
- Good communication skills i.e. written and verbal
- Good time management
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Pays attention to detail
- Willing to work in teams and cooperate with a diverse network of people
- Energetic and eager to learn
Full Job Description
The intern will provide support in the following areas in the guidance of his/her supervisor or any staff assigned to:
- Data entry/managing petty cash and other expenditures
- Receiving, reviewing and processing all invoices, requisitions and requests for payment according to the specified procedures
- Support in preparation of financial statements
- Assisting with the coordination of submission of accountability by staff on activities
- Provide support in the assessment and evaluation of the organisation’s revenues and expenditure.
- Assist in the preparation of daily ledgers, day sheets, filing vouchers and planning
- Provide clerical, administrative and coordination support to technical teams for efficient and timely implementation of activities i.e. 10% of monthly man hours
- Perform any other duties as may be allocated from time to time
THE INTERN WILL BE REQUIRED TO DEVELOP AND SUBMIT A COMPREHENSIVE INTERNSHIP REPORT IN LINE WITH THE REPORTING GUIDELINES I.E. DAILY ACTIVITY TIMESHEET SUBMITTED EVERY FORTNIGHT AND THE END OF PLACEMENT REPORT
How to apply:
All applications should be made using the Oakwood Interns Program CV Application Format customized for World Vision Interns. Only CVs submitted in this format will be accepted.
Click the link below to know more about the World Vision Internship Program and to download the CV Application form. worldvision.oakwoodinterns.co.ug
Follow instructions carefully on how to fill and submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also contact us via the above email and we shall be happy to send you the CV form.
Applicants who have submitted all the required academic documents, recommendation letters and have qualified to move on to the Employability Profiling phase will be contacted by the Oakwood Team via telephone and email.
All placements by the Oakwood Interns Program are made under the principles of merit and non-discrimination.
CLOSE OF APPLICATION: Friday 5 May 2017