Thank you for your interest in Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) Kampala.
FES Kampala offers internships to university students throughout the year ideally for a minimum period of 3 months per intern.
It should be noted that FES Kampala does not have an in house academic advisor or supervisor for law or other students looking to complete an academic obligatory internship.
The following are pre-requisites for all applicants:
- a) Majoring in a field/department relevant to the FES working lines; Political Science, Social Science, Economics, Law, African Studies or similar related fields.
- b) At least 5 semesters in the given area of study must have been completed by the time of the application.
- c) Proof of English proficiency is mandatory as it is the official language of Uganda
- d) Having been in Uganda or the region is an added advantage for applicants
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
(all documents need to be in English)
- Cover/Motivation Letter mentioning among other things why you are interested in FES and Uganda and whether you have any special topics/areas that you would like to concentrate on.
- CV including at least one name of a person of reference
iii. Certificates, transcripts, letters of recommendation, etc
- Applicants have to indicate the planned duration of the internship
Tasks and duties include but are not limited to:
- a) Preparation of a short paper relevant to current activities of FES Uganda.
- b) Collaboration with project officers in preparing conferences, workshops etc.
- c) Assisting the office staff in performing the day-to-day business.
Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted.
!! IMPORTANT INFORMATION !!
- Please be aware that Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung under no circumstances requires any sort of payment for application processes.
- Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung does NOT cover any expenses incurred by successful applicants. This includes expenses such as travel and travel related costs, accommodation, food, medication, transportation within Uganda etc.
- This is a non-paying internship program.
- Please DO NOT purchase an air ticket to Uganda before having received your acceptance letter.
Once accepted into the program, please note that:
- The responsibility to ensure all immigration requirements are met lies with the applicant
- The intern will be responsible to make arrangements for accommodation
As a private cultural non-profit institution, FES is committed to the ideas and basic values of social democracy.