The Academic Registrar of Makerere University has announced that the Bachelor of Law Pre-entry examinations for the year 2020/2021 will be taking place on the 3rd October 2020 (Saturday) starting at 9:00 am.
According to the announcement published on the university website, the examinations will be conducted at the university premises while observing the Ministry of Health (MOHs)’s standing operating procedures (SOPs).
The announcement has come at a time when the re-opening of schools seems to be a non-conclusive occurrence as the country continues to battle the ravaging COVID 19 pandemic, even when there are reports that schools will be reopening on the 20th September for a phased reopening.
It should be noted that other institutions like Uganda Christian University decided to administer online examinations for their the pre – entry examinations for the faculty of law admissions.
Six SOPs that will be adopted by the university have also been published “to ensure that the applicants take the examination under a safe and comfortable environment”, and these include;
- Measuring everyone’s temperature before accessing the examination venue
- availing hand sanitizers in the examination rooms for use by all candidates
- mandatory wearing of face masks by all candidates and examination officials
- social distancing with candidates seated 2-4 meters apart from one another
- all windows to be opened to promote circulation of fresh air and
- candidates will not be permitted to borrow items (pens, pencil, rubber, rule, calculators) from each other.
Applicants are also encourage to consult email@example.com for additional guidelines if any.