USAID, together with Makerere University’s Department of Social Work and Social Administration have revealed to the public the availability of internship positions for graduates interested in taking part of the Integrated Community Agriculture and Nutrition (ICAN) project.
ICAN is a five-year (July 2018 to 2023) USAID/Uganda’s flagship resilience project purposed to sustainably enhance the resilience of vulnerable households in different parts of the country.
Duration of internship: The successful candidates that will be attracted under Cohort 3 will be engaged for a period of one (1) year from March 2022- February, 2023.
The Program targets young professionals with a background in any one of the following fields: Finance and Accounting, Statistics, Nutrition, Agronomy, Horticulture and Gender.
Eligible applicants should;
- Be Ugandan Citizens not older than 27 years of age
- Be recent graduates (only those who have graduated not more than two years ago) from an accredited Ugandan University. The eligible candidates should not have held formal employment since graduation
- Background in any one of the following fields: Finance and Accounting, Statistics, Nutrition, Agronomy, Horticulture and Gender
- Possess a record of success as demonstrated by school marks, extra-curricular activities and interests
- Have a passion to practice in rural communities · Be open to learning · Demonstrate teamwork attributes
- Be willing to live and work in the activity districts for the one-year period of placement and use boda-boda or local means of travel
- Demonstrate ability to communicate in the local languages of the target districts
How to apply;
Interested and eligible applicants should submit their application letters, CVs and academic documents electronically to the Administrative Assistant, ICAN Internship Program at: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy in email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
The applications and supporting documents should be submitted by 04th February, 2022.
Discussion about this post